Senior Director of Donor and Community Engagement
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full Time 40 Hrs./Week
Compensation: $45,000 – $50,000 plus incentives
The Powerhouse is looking for an experienced person to manage and plan its Transformation campaign, an effort over the next four years, which includes both its annual development support as well as support for major facility and experience renewals. This work coincides with The Powerhouse’s ten-year anniversary. The position will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Transformation Campaign in close consultation with the Executive Director and the Powerhouse’s Development Committee and the Transformation Committee. Operationally this position will also be responsible for oversight of our events business – both Powerhouse fundraising events as well as rental events. This position, working with the Executive Director as well as the Powerhouse’s Deputy Director will co-manage marketing and communication, following The Powerhouse marketing plan with a focus on the donor and community audiences of The Powerhouse.
- Co-write general operating grants with programmatic staff and the Deputy Director and manage a grant writing consultant responsible for writing Transformation campaign grants
- Manage corporate giving program to secure gifts and lay the ground work for larger campaign donations
- Work with the Transformation and Development Committees to coordinate cultivation visits and solicitations; clearly define what the E.D./committee/board are asking for.
- Draft correspondence as needed to prepare and follow-up on visits.
- Plan and manage all fundraising events (and volunteers) such as major donor house parties, the Durango Derby and the annual signature gala event, the PowerFall Ball and awards program.
- Manage, in collaboration with the Executive Director the annual appeal to over 3500 individual donors/prospects
- Manage the board of directors annual giving program
- Ensure development of all plans, information, and structure needed to support the Transformation campaign.
- Work with staff to develop information on “best prospects.”
- Conduct research on prospects.
- Ensure complete and up-to-date records are available and current.
- Ensure development and implementation of a comprehensive recognition program.
- Develop a tracking and reporting system for the campaign, including both income (with source categories) and expense.
- Create separate files on prospects and donors.
- Work closely with the office to monitor incoming Transformation campaign mail and checks in order to conduct accurate data entry into the Salesforce donor database.
- Implement a program of thank-you’s and acknowledgments.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to produce all needed marketing for the Transformation Campaign and related events, and event rentals.
- Work with Executive Director and Deputy Director to coordinate marketing approaches across The Powerhouse according to marketing plan.
- Oversee event rentals and sales and ensure they are coordinated with campaign efforts and prospects
- 8+ years of fundraising experience.
- Experience and knowledge of the Four Corners and Front Range philanthropic environment.
- Experience with national education and science funders.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Excellent computer and data entry skills
- Ability to juggle several projects at once.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Team player.
- Highly organized
- Ability to lead.
- Public speaking, public relations (story telling) experience highly desirable.
We are looking for a highly organized individual with a penchant for detail, an ability to describe the big picture, the ability to be flexible, the soul of a diplomat and a sense of humor.